.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Persian Architect

Architecture. Art. Literature

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Terror Within



Before anything arabian gulf .(needs no explanation)

I have got my hands on a Adbusters ,which I think is a far left magazine published in Canada. But to be honest I just couldn't put it down for an whole day.

Yesterday I was reading an article about the history of terrorism. The question which hit me first after finishing the article was," how could have living under many years of oligarchy and despotism effected my psyche?" There have been many times that I wanted to raise my voice , or at least say what I thought. But to be honest, in most cases I was afraid both for myself and my lovedones. There were even times which I started to sensor my own thoughts. A form of psychological terror. Terrorism is terror used as a means to an end.The history of terrorism is a form of insurrection against the ruling power. So I ask :"How is it, that it is almost the opposite, in my case as an Iranian citizen?" Are we terrorizing our own self in order not to be terrorized upon?


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi & Congradulations ...
You have a reallyyyyy nice blog
Terrorism is something which has always hurt me a lot
As you may have seen in my recent enteries I have talked about the poor people beheaded in Iraq ...
There is no difference between the diffenet ways of terrorism ...
Living in a world in which these thing happen is reallyyyyyyyy difficult ...
Thanks for your comment, by the way

Chackavak

2:39 PM  
Blogger PersianArchitect said...

Dear Chakavack, thanks for your comment.You are right in saying that terrorism hast hurt us all,I just tried to look at it from another angle.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Bibi said...

I definately agree with the Iranian community terrorizing themselves in fear of being terrorized! Even the ones outside Iran. For example many of those living in the USA have been here for decades and still do not vote, and they stay as far away from politics as they can. I think it's really sad for us as a community.
Arabian gulf- don't get me started!

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fear, We all know it well. I have been in the US for decades and I tell you, fear will never go away. But I had to look again, at the pictures, all as horrifying as the picture of the 16 year old girl hanging form the end of a rope. The lates, or may be already outdone again. It is hard to look. But, I have to look. It is not worth it, living like this, in fear, be it that i have every thing and more. I think we all have to look. The past three days and nights have been very difficult. But I feel much better now, now that I have written the letters to them bastereds just to let them know I am watching them. Yab, I feel much better now that I signed the petition and I e-mailed every one of them stoners, be it anonymously. I will start small, but I have started. (Look for Hajieh Esmailvand, and Leyla M. They need our help or it is the end for them.)

9:23 AM  
Anonymous home remodeling help said...

Projects..Projects..Projects.. If you are like me it seems like there is never enough time in the day.. You get home late and leave early.. then the weekends thats another story by itself. My wife has found it easier to hire somebody if you we need help with home remodeling help. She fond a great site for home remodeling help at http://remodelinghelp4u.com and wanted to share it with you.. Im glad to find help when I need it.. I hope you have great luck remodeling your home...

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home