.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Persian Architect

Architecture. Art. Literature

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

My Little Friends

For me smoking has always been one of life’s simplest joys and pleasures. The following scribbles are about what I am going through while trying to give up my habit. But before going any further I deem it necessary to point out the fact that cigarettes were neither introduced to me by a friend nor was I influenced as an underage.
Smoking has been a solace through all my upheavals and have brought some kind of an order to this commotion we call”life”. So, who needs a shoulder to cry on when you have such a reliable and supporting friend?
Not taking in to consideration the physical addiction of smoking, the question which strikes me the most is that how could smoking have become so intimate with my heart and soul? The truth of the matter is that I have experienced the most amazing and unforgettable moments of my adult life while inhaling those smokes of joy which literally rejuvenated and revived my physical and emotional being.
I started smoking when I was a student in the university. As a design student, my little friends (cigarettes) were with me when I learned the basic tools of design and were accompanying me when I threw my graduation cap in the sky. Even my first memories of any notion of love and intimate relationship is some how associated with smoking.
Now as an architect not only have I lost my most important design tool, and to make matters even worse, my brain simply can’t uncover the procedures of inspiration.
The only option which is available to me is the breaking of this “intimacy”, for if I don’t ,I will be the broken one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Baby Blues said...

I SO hear you, brother! :-)

7:03 AM  
Blogger Yasser said...

i hope u will be success in giving up yur bad! habit and also be success in writing weblog

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ترانه جوانبخت

www.faragoo.persianblog.com

دوست عزیز از ابراز لطفتان در متنی که در وبلاگم گذاشتید ممنون. با وجود اینکه به هفت زبان مصلط هستم اما چون ایرانی هستید ترجیح می دهم به فارسی شیرین خودمان برایتان بنویسم اما اگر شما به انگلیسی ترجیح می دهید بگویید تا از دفعه بعد به انگلیسی بنویسم. دوست من حیف که سیگار می کشید. مادر من هم سیگار می کشید اما بعد از 20 سال وقتی سر خواهر کوچکم حامله بود ترک کرد. به هر ترتیب من فکر می کنم که هرگز با سیگار اخت نشوم و به شما ییشنهاد می کنم که از این دوست مضر فاصله بگیرید که سلامتی از همه چیز مهمتر است. باز هم به من سر بزنید. شاد باشید.

6:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took up smoking a pipe about 2 years ago. You don't inhale, so it won't kill you, and it satisfies the oral fixation. Also, smells and tastes great.
Give it a try.
hawkpilot

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home